The Codified Consultant gap analysis serves as a means by which companies are able to assess their level of expertise in different aspects of Digital Asset Management operation. The model is based on five competency levels, placing proficiency in a certain area in increasing categories of sophistication/functionality. The five levels on this scale are as follows:
- Ad Hoc - Some exposure to DAM.
- Incipient - A “casual understanding”.
- Formative - Demonstrated experience of DAM.
- Operational - In-depth knowledge of DAM operation, but abilities not yet optimal.
- Optimal - Effective, demonstrable experience in DAM operations and consequently have optimal abilities in all the above five areas